Speaker: Sabaa Quao
November 8, 2013
Sabaa is a self proclaimed career entrepreneur with a wide range of work interests and a diverse education. He has a degree in Communication and Design from OCADU, a B.Comm from Concordia and an executive MBA from The Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto. He is passionate about design, emerging media and branding. He is President and Co-Founder of /newsrooms, a network dedicated to building continuous content marketing and social media coverage for brands. His energy is contagious and I enjoyed his talk very much.
Sabaa’s tagline is “Creativity is the most important resource on the planet”, another reason he impressed me.
Creativity does not exist alone, you have to learn the tools and discipline to make it work. Discipline will protect your creativity.
- A “me too” strategy will almost always fail, so skip the imitation of anyone and everyone else.
- Design: if you can solve a problem you’re ahead.
- Know your “origin story”, you need to know the origin to better understand how to proceed.
- Recognizing when something is going to change creates opportunities.
- Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity.
- Desktop web is in decline, mobile web is increasing.
- Going by the numbers will crush your creativity.
Thanks for the inspirational talk Sabaa and for bringing such great energy.
LinkedIn Page: Sabaa Quao